Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
In 1947, Loyalsock Volunteer Fire Company realized a need for a community ambulance which resulted in the organization of an ambulance service in which memberships were sold for a nominal fee. At this time the company purchased a new Cadillac ambulance. Four years later the company felt that a new ambulance was needed and a 1951 ambulance was purchased. Rather than trade the older vehicle, it was decided to keep it. The benefits of this plan have proven note worthy throughout the years as this allows one vehicle to be in service to the community at all times. One ambulance responds to all fire alarms and in several instances has rendered valuable service in taking injured firemen to the hospital. The second ambulance remains at the firehouse ready to serve the community with emergency or out of town calls. The ambulances have been replaced from time to time, as needed, and the service has been self-supporting since its inception.
In order to be ready and equipped to respond to the emergency medical services needs of the community, Loyalsock Volunteer Fire Company operates one Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU) twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week. In addition, Loyalsock has paid Basic Life Support (BLS) emergency service ambulance staffed 7AM-7PM Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend emergency response is provided by our trained Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) volunteers. MICU 18 responds to medical emergencies, vehicle accidents, and fire emergencies staffed with one paramedic supplied by UPMC and one Emergency Medical Technician from Loyalsock. Ambulance 18, our paid day time BLS staff, also respond to medical emergencies, vehicle accidents, and fire emergencies within the township, staffed with two Emergency Medical Technicians.As today's emergency services have shifted, majority of our paid BLS Staff is cross trained in firefighting, starting scene operations until more fire assistance arrives.
Continuing the need for Emergency Medical Services realized by our station's founders, Ambulance Service Membership was made available to residents within Loyalsock Township. Originally used to help fund and support the purchase of ambulances we still today offer subscriptions to the annual Ambulance Service Membership. Residents can be prepared for medical emergencies, save money, and support Loyalsock Volunteer Fire Company.
2021 Ambulance Service Membership
The 2020 Ambulance Service Membership will be effective from January 1, 2021 until December 31, 2021. There are two types of available membership. A family membership covers all people living at the same residence who file together for federal income taxes. The annual family member ship costs $80.00. An individual membership costs $50.00 per year.
The 2021 Ambulance Service Membership includes:
1. Unlimited emergency basic life support transport.
2. Two routine transports provided by Loyalsock Volunteer Fire Company No. 1. Please understand that these transports are handled on a "crew available basis" and are limited to 10 patient load miles. For transports over 15 miles, a discount is offered to members. It is IMPERATIVE that you request Loyalsock for non-emergency transport. If you fail to designate Loyalsock as your provider, another ambulance service may be dispatched resulting in a bill. Your ambulance membership does NOT cover this cost. Should a crew not be available for your non-emergency transport, a mutual aid ambulance will respond. You may be billed by the other service. Loyalsock is NOT responsible for these charges.
3. Insurance Deductibles and co-pays
The 2021 Ambulance Service Membership does NOT cover:
1. More than two routine transports.
2. Long distant transports.
3. Charges for services provided by a mutual aid ambulance or fee for service companies.
Loyalsock Volunteer Fire Company No.1 reserves the right to bill any third-party health insurance companies.
To ensure your emergency medical services coverage, please complete and return the attached form with payment to:
Loyalsock Volunteer Fire Company No. 1
715 Northway Road, Williamsport, PA 17701
If you have any questions, concerns, or require more information, please give us a call (570)-323-3603 between 9AM-3PM Monday through Wednesday.
Emergency Medical Services Membership form can be found here.